Northern Ireland travel: we will show you around. Discover My Secret Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland travel? What does a Mediterranean girl (me!) know about it? Why would she call that corner of the world home and even built a website about it? You can read about that in the About Me page, but let me tell you something:
This is not your standard Travel guide to Northern Ireland. It is local knowledge, personal experiences and photos, inside information, tips and lots and lots of background history.
Why? because I lived in Northern Ireland long enough to get to know and appreciate the wonderful countryside and its friendly people. Enough to realise that Northern Ireland Tourism is a well hidden gem and it deserves more well-informed, respectful visitors.
So I prepared this website for you! If you are a visitor that likes to delve into a place and not just touch the surface, if you like to ask questions, you will find the answers here.
What you will find here:
- During your visit, chances are you will see many flags flapping in the crisp air. Why does Northern Ireland have so many flags? Which one is the official flag?
- Are you coming from abroad and you are concerned about the driving direction in UK? Yes, we drive on the left side of the road. Read our tips on the driving in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Did I mention the UK? So what exactly is the relationship between Ireland, Northern Ireland, UK, British Isles, Great Britain? Ulster? oh so many names… what do they mean? What are the Basic Facts?
- How do you travel to Northern Ireland? And what do you do once there? Plenty!
- Visit the Giants Causeway and find out about the Shipwrecks that dot the North Antrim Coast.
- Enjoy the child-friendly and very, very! informative Museums. (Can you tell I love museums?)
- Go hiking up the Mourne Mountains! Or do you prefer Golf in the famous greens of Northern Ireland? Perhaps Fly Fishing is your outdoor activity of preference?
- back in history when you set foot in the castles. You can even have a Castle Wedding!
- Since you are in Northern Ireland, it is a pity not to visit great destinations across the border to the Republic of Ireland. After all, natural beauty does transcend political borders.
- Find out about its history, red hair, potato recipes and all those things that make Northern Ireland a remarkable place and a-not-to-be-missed destination.
This is my tribute to that corner of the emerald Isle that remains hidden, awaiting discovery. I am ready to show you around my secret Northern Ireland.
Come, follow me!
I would like to invite you to share your favourite photos of Northern Ireland. What is the Allure of Northern Ireland? Share your Northern Ireland Photos
What is your favourite Northern Irish recipe? People are looking for inspirational recipes in every mealtime. Share the goodness of an hearty Northern Irish dish here!
- Northern Ireland Travel Secrets Blog
- The Northern Ireland Secrets Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the my-secret-northern-ireland.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Northern Ireland Information - the Basic Facts
- Northern Ireland Information - get a bird's eye view of this marvelous country and its people!
- Northern Ireland History
- A brief account of Northern Ireland history, from the megalithic age to the troubles.
- List of famous shipwrecks in Ireland
- List of famous shipwrecks in Northern Ireland and Ireland, from The Girona of the Spanish armada, to Exmouth, Lousitania, Drake, and ofcourse, the Titanic.
- Northern Ireland Attractions - The Best Places to Visit
- Northern Ireland Attractions - Read about the best places to visit in this fascinating country!
- Northern Irish Cities - history in an urban context
- Northern Irish Cities - all you need to know about these quaint gems.
- Medieval Castles in Ireland - An authoritative Guide
- Medieval Castles in Ireland - Your guide to discover N. Ireland's castle heritage
- Northern Ireland Photos
- Northern Ireland Photos - The nature seems to pose for the photograper.The best of Northern Ireland's pictures
- Northern Ireland Religion: Churches
- Northern Ireland Religion - Churches: this webpage will give information on the local churches in Northern Ireland.
- Irish recipes, tried and tested recipes for your weekly menu
- Irish recipes are quick, easy and cost effective and can enhance your meals every week!
- Contact us
- Contact us with your suggestions, we would love to know what you think
- Fishing in Northern Ireland is a popular pastime
- Fishing in Northern Ireland: The best places for anglers to enjoy fly fishing and more.
- Northern Ireland Golf, famous courses prefered by the professionals
- Northern Ireland Golf ;famous courses and ideal golfing vacation opportunties
- Northern Ireland Art Page - Meet the Future Celebrities!
- Northern Ireland Art Page - the country has produced many famous, but it is time to meet the up and coming ones.
- Northern Ireland Flag: Not one, but many!
- Northern Ireland flag. Yes, but which one? Some are controversial, othes suggested, others stir up stong political emotions. Read their description and their symbolism here.
- Northern Irish Artists: Undiscovered Talend
- Northern Irish Artists are capturing nature with every stroke of the brush or pencil. What's so special about them?
- Northern Irish Recipes: What's your favourite?
- Northern Irish Recipes: Show them the way to eat with your tried and true recipes
- Official Flag Northern Ireland
- Describes the official flag Northern Ireland, their origin, uses, and symbolisms.
- Must-do Tours Northern Ireland and top places to see
- Choose your best Tours Northern Ireland, with a little help from those who have been there
- About me A meditteranean girl in Northern Ireland
- About me : I am not a local, yet I am passionate about Northern Ireland. I have set to sing its praises as a travel destination. Why? And who am I, anyway?
- Your Northern Ireland Photos
- Your Northern Ireland Photos: Have you captured the allure of Northern Ireland? Share it with our visitors
- Northern Ireland day trips to the Republic of Ireland
- Discover the rest of the emerald island with our family's tried and tested Northern Ireland day trips across the Border to the Republic of Ireland
- Camping Sites UK - Northern Ireland
- Camping Sites UK - Northern Ireland: camping and caravan holidays are very popular and this page will help you plan one.
- Northern Ireland Hotels
- Northern Ireland Hotels - they come in many shapes and forms, from the standard business hotels in the cities to quaint, family owned by the coast or in the green hills.
- Northern Ireland Bed and Breakfast
- Northern Ireland Bed and Breakfast - bed and breakfast accommmodation provides a cozier way to explore beautiful Northern Ireland